Wills, Power of Attorney, & Probate Lawyer in Charleston, South Carolina


The illness or death of a family member or loved one can be very difficult.

If you or someone you love becomes seriously ill and unable to care for themselves, problems can arise unless you have planned and have signed the appropriate documents so that medical or financial decisions can be made on your behalf.

The documents necessary while you are living are a living will, health care power of attorney, and a durable power of attorney. These three legal documents operate while you are alive.

The next important document, a Will, takes effect after you die and gives your Personal Representative the power and instructions needed to follow your wishes about how to distribute your property to the people you love.

You know what you want done about your health while you are alive and you know what you want to happen to your property after your death. By executing a living will and a health care power of attorney, a durable power of attorney and a will, you can plan and make decisions that would otherwise cause pain and strife for the family members you love. You can make decisions that save them from the confusion and emotions that can tear families apart, even the best of families. When you do the appropriate documents you are leaving more than your property, you are leaving the gift of peace to those who you love most.

I can help you plan and put these documents in place to put your mind at ease about the future.

When the time comes, I can also help your executor handle the many legal requirements of handling the probate process from start to finish. You can have me do as much or as little as you desire.

Wills & Power of Attorney Questions & Answers

What is a living will?

A living will is a legal document that allows you to make your own desires known regarding life saving procedures and end of life desires.

What is a standard power of attorney?

A standard power of attorney is a legal document that allows someone you trust to carry out a single task for you. It ends when the task is over or you become incapacitated, whichever comes first.

What is a healthcare power of attorney?

A health care power of attorney is a legal document that gives someone you trust the power and authority to make decisions regarding your health care if you are not able to do so.

Your doctor would have to determine that you are unable to make medical decisions for yourself before the healthcare power of attorney becomes effective.

This document can also include your instructions regarding “life sustaining procedures” such as feeding tubes and ventilators.

What is a durable power of attorney?

A legal document that allows the trusted person you choose to handle all of your financial matters for you in case you become incapacitated and cannot do these things yourself. For example, it would enable someone to pay your bills and manage your assets if you are unable to do so.

A durable power of attorney lasts longer than a standard power of attorney and can operate even if you become mentally incapacitated.

What is a will?

A Will is a legal document that directs how your real and personal property will be divided after your death. The Will also names your Personal Representative, someone YOU trust, who makes sure your directions in the Will are followed.

If you need a Charleson, SC Lawyer to help with a will, power of attorney, or probate and contested estates,

I can help You.

A Durable Power of Attorney, a Healthcare Power of Attorney and a Will can take the burden of horrible decisions off of the backs and hearts of your family and loved ones.

No one wants to be put in the position of making final life or death decisions, decisions about suffering and pain, for someone else, especially someone they love.

Nor do they want to have family relationships destroyed because you did not give directions about your property.

Your last statements on earth can be something that lifts those burdens from the people you care about.

Contact me for your Free Consultation today.

Contact Conrad Falkiewicz Attorney at Law
Call me at (843) 571-4611 or email me using the form below!
Brief description of your legal issue or how I can help.
Please do not send any confidential information in your message as the information you provide may not be deemed confidential. The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. The use of this website or this form for communication with Carriage Lane Law (carriagelanelaw.com) or Conrad Falkiewicz does not establish an attorney-client relationship with Conrad Falkiewicz Attorney at Law.